I am progressively working on a Campaign setting compatible with Dungeon World.
It is based on a collaboratively-made fantasy world that my friends and I have been working on for years.
- The world is composed of a vast archipelago: no islands are larger than New Zealand or Japan.
- The core people that the players can portray are loosely based on Pacific Islanders (especially Hawaii, Papua New Guinea and New Zealand).
- The animal life is a mish-mash of creatures from Prehistory: late Paleozoic and Mesozoic. So giant amphibians, early mammals, dinosaurs and other ancient reptiles. I’ll be asking any readers to suspend their disbelief on this crazy idea as much as they would with any fantasy setting composed of dragons and unicorns.
- There will also be a separate people who are reminiscent of the Unseelie Fey / Dark Wood Elves without actually being either.
- Huge focus on exploration: most of the hundreds of thousands of islands are unknown.
Stay tuned for more designer notes!