Here is the conclusion of my participation in #RPGaDAY2015 .
29th: Favourite RPG Website/Blog
I have a few; none of them are my personal favourites because they all serve different purposes:
- Sly Flourish: for great ideas on GMing Dungeons and Dragons.
- Straits of Anian: not updated frequently, but so full of atmosphere and cool ideas
- Elfmaids and Octopi: a treasure trove of useful gaming material and ideas, too bad about the awful visual design that hurts my eyes
- Monsters and Manuals: from the imaginative author of Yoon Suin, a blog full of inspirations and surprises
- Playing D&D with Pornstars: lots of great material here; a springboard for discovering other DIY (Do it Yourself) gaming blogs
- Venger’s old school gaming blog: an approachable game designer and cool guy
- The Other Side: one of my favorite blogs, lots of occult/witchcraft themed material here
30th: Favourite RPG Playing Celebrity
Wil Wheaton. He was my hero when I was a kid watching Star Trek. I feel that he’s helped popularize board gaming too.
His weekly gaming tips are the bomb. I recommend those to everyone.
I mean, he’s a celebrity to me, anyway.
31st: Favourite NON-RPG thing to come out of RPGing
The communities that I’ve met and joined and the friends that I’ve made. The world is a larger place thanks to this hobby that used to make me feel isolated and lonely. Lots of support and positivity*.
Since joining the online community, my taste in games and music has broadened, and my skills as a Game Master have evolved (for the better, according to my players.
* Yes there’s negativity too, but I’m weeding those out.
There ya go: brief but hopefully meaningful!