For my last entry (a bit late, but I have a life, see), I had to think very hard. No system is my favorite so far. I love many different games for several different reasons:
- Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 3rd edition: for the high quality books and components, as well as the cool narrative dice.
- Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition: for the right balance of crunch and rules-light
- Dungeon World: for forever changing my GM style (for the better)
- GUMSHOE (Trail of Cthulhu, Esoterrorists, Night’s Black Agents) for forever changing my philosophy around writing mysteries and horror
- Fate and Fate Accelerated: for showing me that a character is more than just numbered stats
- Labyrinth Lord, Adventurer Conqueror King and Lamentations of the Flame Princess: for showing to me how elegantly simple and effective old school games can be
- Mouse Guard and Torchbearer: for demonstrating to me how tension and peril can come from more than just combat
So I can’t really say which it is. I don’t have a single favorite music album or a single favorite composer either. I don’t define myself by my favorites, I just can’t!
That just about wraps it up. This was fun and it was the longest run of consecutive posting that I’ve ever done on a blog. Now I’ll probably focus on reviews and my artwork.
See you later!